All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of
ill people. We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Contraceptive services. IUCD’s and contraceptive implants can be fitted and removed
in the practice.
- Maternity services in the antenatal and postnatal period, together with the
midwives from the Red Team, Cresswell Wing, D & G Royal Infirmary.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel.
- Cervical smears.
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
- We also hold contracts with DGHB for the following “enhanced services”.
- The annual flu and pneumonia immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at
- Childhood and preschool immunisations.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on Warfarin and a range
of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Minor surgery including injections and excisions.
- Coronary and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programmes.
- Dementia awareness groups.
Please note we do not operate a walk-in injury service.